Lloyd's Cajun Blues Cafe Cajun Riblets

Lloyd’s Cajun Blues Cafe Cajun Riblets

Lloyd’s Cajun Blues Cafe, Florida shared an easy recipe for ribs that you can grill, oven-bake or slow cook in a crockpot. Removing the membrane will prevent that rubbery texture that even slow cooking cannot prevent.

1 slab ribs (split down the center)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
All-purpose seasoning
Garlic powder
Cayenne pepper
Black pepper

Pull skin from back of ribs. Trim all excess fat. Rub ribs with Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle ribs with all-purpose seasoning, cayenne pepper, black pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle brown sugar on ribs and pat, rubbing sugar into ribs.

Successful Ribs and Riblets

For as far back as I can remember my ribs have always had that finger-lickin’, fall-off-the-bone goodness that everyone loves. Of course, being Italian, ribs in my sauce turn out the same way. Too bad if you have to use a fork to eat them! Expect it at my house.

First of all – NEVER boil your ribs to tenderize them! Don’t do that to any meats, etc. Nothing like losing the flavor of the meat. And adding more spices is not going to help. Seasoning should compliment your foods!

There are two sides to a slab of ribs. The meat side is convex and meaty and the bone side is concave and you can see the bones – Einstein where are you! The bone side has a silvery membrane that should be removed which is easily done by slitting the membrane along one end, grabbing the membrane with paper towels and pulling it off. Any little stubborn pieces get yanked off with my kitchen pliers.

Rinse the ribs, pat dry with paper towels, cut into portions if doing so, marinade or season, do the dry rub marinade - your preference - and you’re on your way to the best ribs.