Lofthouse Sugar Cookies
An incredibly soft sugar cookie with a sweet and colorful frosting creates a mouth-watering combination that will keep you coming back for more.
• 3 C flour, divided
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ C butter, room temperature
• 1 C sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• ¾ C sour cream
• ½ C butter, softened
• 3 C powdered sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• ½ and ½ or milk, just enough to get right consistency
• food coloring
- In a bowl combine 3 C flour, baking soda, baking powder.
- In a mixer cream together the butter and sugar at mediumn speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs.
- Add in vanilla and sour cream and mix on low until combined.
- Add in dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Dough will be sticky.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Use some additional flour for counter and rolling pin to roll out dough ¼ inch thick
- With a 2 inch round cutter cut out cookies.
- Bake at 425 on parchment lined cookie sheet for 6-8 minutes or until the cookie barely turns lightly brown around the bottom edge. Do not overcook these cookies!
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Beat together butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in just enough milk to get a consistency. Do 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Add food coloring if wanted
- Frost cookies and add sprinkles.
- Store in an air tight container. Best to let cookies sit for several hours before serving.