Londonshire soup

I was wondering if anyone out there has heard of this soup? I cut it out of a Boston newspaper and have lost it and have been searching for the last 17 years with no luck. It was so delicious you can’t imagine. I remember bits and pieces but not enough to put it together. Thanks if anyone has it.
Bonnie

Actually I believe it was the London Shire hotel in London, England. It was so many years ago. I did a menu hit when I seached from a restaurant in Georgia, but there was no way to get in touch with them. It has hamburg, barley, carrotts lots of beef broth and egg yolks and heavy cream, but I forget what to do and how much. I was just so good.

Hi Bonnie,
I have the recipe for the soup you are looking for. My family has made this for as long as I can remember. It’s from a very old cookbook that is a collection of recipes from restaurants from all over. This recipe is by chef/owner Pat Hanon from St. Louis, Missouri. I hope this gets to you after so many years! The recipe is as follows…
Londonshire Soup:
-2 stalks finely diced celery
-1/2 quart finely diced tomatoes
-1 finely diced onion
-2 finely diced carrots
-1 pound ground chuck
-1 cup barley
-3 quarts beef stock
-4 well beaten egg yolks
-1 cup cream

Combine the celery, tomatoes, onion, and carrots with the ground chuck (in small lumps) in a saute pan. Saute until the chuck is lightly browned and the vegetables are barely tender. Cook the barley in the fat from the meat for about 20 minutes. Combine all ingredients in a large pot with the beef stock and bring to a boil. Cook until the barley is tender. Add the eggs and the cream to the soup and heat, do not boil. Serves 6.