1/4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup flour
1 cup half-and-half ceam
1/2 cup white wine
White pepper to taste
Celery salt to taste
3 tomatoes, skinned
4 to 6 slices mozzarella cheese

Place bread, cut side up, on a jelly roll pan. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven until golden. Remove pan from oven and keep oven hot.

Arrange salami slices on the toasted bread. Melt 1/4 cup of butter in heavy saucepan. Add mushrooms and saute until golden. Remove mushrooms with slotted spoon and arrange over the salami.

Add enough butter to remaining butter in the saucepan to measure 1/4 cup, then place over low heat to melt. Stir in the flour to make a smooth paste. Add cream, stirring constantly, then cook until thickened. Stir in the wine and seasonings, then cook, stirring, until sauce is very thick and the flavors blended.

Cut tomatoes into thin slices. Spread the sauce over the mushrooms and salami, then arrange the tomatoes over the sauce so that the slices overlap slightly. Place cheese slices over the top of the sandwich, covering as evenly as possible.

Bake until cheese is melted. This makes 4 servings.

This sounds wonderfull Aline!
I am going to make a few changes when I try it today ( personal tastes )…

I am going to add 1/2 tsp of dried oragano and 1 clove of diced garlic to the sauce.

Thanks for the recipe!!!

I haven’t tried this recipe yet, but your additions make it sound more delicious. Let me know how it turned out!

Aline

This turned out OK. I used two different types of cheese though, mozzarella, and provolone. It was good but not something I will be making again soon.
It is worth trying once atleast.