4 ounces sliced white button mushrooms
4 ounces sliced baby portobello mushroom
1/2 cup white onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil

Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms and chopped onion. Sprinkle mushrooms and onions with salt. Cook until the onions have become transparent and the mushrooms have released their water. Add chopped garlic, and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.

In a medium sized saucepan add chicken broth, and the mushroom mixture. Heat through. Use either a stick blender, or a food processor to process soup. Process soup until the mushrooms are chopped very fine. Add heavy cream to the soup, and heat until the soup is warm. Add truffle oil just before serving. You may want to drizzle a bit of sour cream if desired on the soup just before serving.

That sounds like a really good soup. I bet a steak sandwich would go great with it.

I just LOVE mushroom soups. I don’t have an immersion blender, so I throw it in a food processor. I have three questions:

1. Could you process the mushrooms and onions in the food processor BEFORE you saute them? (You’d be sauteing mush.)
  2. How many servings does the recipe make?
  3. If it’s 1 or 2, can it be doubled?
    Thank you for the recipe, I can hardly wait to try it!
    KUTGW,
    Noreen
  1. I think if you saute it as mush it will not have the good flavor you expect, and it would probably coagulate into a big blob unless you stirred it continuously. I would saute the mushrooms and onions first which I think is the easiest method.
  2. 6 servings

Thanks, I’ll follow your advice. With 6 servings, I won’t need to double it.
–Noreen