Looking for a recipe for yeast dough, using yogurt

I used to have a recipe for a yeast dough that had yogurt in it. It was originally from a Family Circle magazine in the mid-80s, as I recall. I think it was called a Poor Man’s Croissant. It was a flaky dough that you rolled out, spread with butter, folded, and rolled out again, several times. It was lost with many of my recipes in a move. I also used the dough to make Elephant Ears, by rolling it in cinnamon sugar.

I’d appreciate any help on this. :?:

Croissant Roll

1/2 cup yogurt
2 eggs
1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut up
3 cups bread flour
3 tablespoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast or bread machine yeast
2 tablespoons melted butter

Add all the ingredients except the melted butter to a 1 1/2 or 2 pound machine according to the manufacturer’s directions. Select dough cycle. Or mix by hand and knead for 5-6 minutes, rise until double.

Remove dough when cycle is complete. Punch down, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide the dough in 2. Roll each into a 12 inch circle on a lightly floured surface. Brush each circle with half of the melted butter. Cut each circle into 8 wedges with a pizza cutter.

Loosely roll the wide end of each wedge toward the point.
Place point side down, 2 - 3 inches apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 to 40 minutes or until nearly double.

Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 8- 10 minutes or until golden.
Remove from baking sheets; cool on wire racks.
Makes 16 crescent rolls. :o :o

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the recipe. That looks like it is like the one I’ve been searching for. Thanks for sharing.