Looking for Chicken Soo Gai Recipe!

I am looking for a recipe for chicken soo gai{chicken soo guy}spelling is diffrent in places.It is usually deep fried chicken with a brown gravy.I can’t find it anywhere on the net.I grew up in Canada and is very popular there,but i cant find it anywhere around where i live.Hopefully someone can help.

will this help at all?

Soo-Gai Chicken with Sweet & Sour Sauce

4 six-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast, pounded to ½-inch thick

½ cup all-purpose flour

½ cup corn starch

1 teaspoon each ground ginger, granulated garlic, salt and pepper

2 eggs, beaten

½ cup milk

oil for frying

Sauce

1 tablespoon corn starch

3 tablespoons sugar

3 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon red chile sauce (available from an Asian market)

½ cup chicken broth

dash of hot sauce

Combine the flour, corn starch and seasonings (ginger, garlic, salt, pepper). Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture. Mix together the eggs and milk. Dredge the chicken in the egg mixture, then again in the flour mixture. Deep fry the chicken pieces until cooked through and golden brown.

Blend all of the sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan and cook on low heat until mixture thickens. Serve with the soo-gai chicken, and/or with egg rolls or deep fried wontons.

Wor Su Gai (Almond Boneless Chicken)

Sauce:
4 Tbsp Cornstarch
3 Tbsp Water
3 cups Chicken Broth
3 tsp Chicken Bouillon Granules
2 tsp Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp Butter
1 1/2 cups Mushrooms, chopped

2 Chicken Breasts, boned and skinned

Fry Batter:
3 Tbsp Flour
3 Tbsp Cornstarch
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 Egg, Beaten
1 Tbsp Water
Vegetable Oil

Lettuce, shredded
Almonds, sliced
Green Onion, chopped

• In a small saucepan, combine 4 Tbsp cornstarch and 3 Tbsp water until smooth.

• Stir in the chicken broth, chicken bouillon granules, soy sauce, butter, and mushrooms.

• Bring this mixture to a boil for 1 minute while stirring constantly.

• Reduce heat to low to keep sauce warmed.

• In a large mixing bowl, beat together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, egg and 1 Tbsp water until it becomes a smooth batter.

• Cut boneless chicken breasts in half and coat each of these pieces with the batter.

• Pour vegetable oil into a large skillet (or wok) until it is 1/2 inch deep. Heat the oil to 375°F.

• Cook coated chicken pieces in oil and fry until light golden brown (approximately 5-7 minutes).

• Drain chicken on paper towels.

• Cut chicken diagonally into strips and lay them on a bed of shredded lettuce. Spoon sauce over chicken.

• Top with a sprinkle of sliced almonds and/or chopped green onion. Serve immediately.

This recipe makes about 4 servings.

Thanks Kitchen witch.The almond recipe sounds good.It is still not exactly the recipe i am looking for.

You’re very welcomed - but you may have to play with it a bit! I hope it works for you.