Looking for help

I am hoping some has heard of a iron skillet bread that my great grandmother used to call “Golett”. I was very smal but do remember her using flour and water and cooked it on the top of the stove in the iron skillet. I hope some can recal and let me know how it was acually made. She used to make this and she and my Dad would eat it with syrup and butter.

I googled your request and found this, whatcha think? maybe you could use this and play around with the recipe until you get the one you are looking for?

Skillet Bread
Ingredients
1 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 T. baking powder
milk
real butter, no substitutions

Directions
Stir together flour, salt and baking powder. Add enough milk to make a dough that you can drop by spoonfuls into a buttered, medium hot, skillet. Keep your heat at medium or your bread will be doughy in the middle and brown on the outside. Turn each bread patty over when you see browned edges and little air bubbles across each patty. If you find you like your bread a little thicker, add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder to the mixture. For camping, mix up the dry ingredients ahead of time, adding 1/4 cup powdered milk to the mixture. When it�s time to fry, just add water instead of milk.

sorry forgot to add this

Skillet Bread
Ingredients
1 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1 T. baking powder
milk
real butter, no substitutions

Directions
Stir together flour, salt and baking powder. Add enough milk to make a dough that you can drop by spoonfuls into a buttered, medium hot, skillet. Keep your heat at medium or your bread will be doughy in the middle and brown on the outside. Turn each bread patty over when you see browned edges and little air bubbles across each patty. If you find you like your bread a little thicker, add 1/2 teaspoon baking powder to the mixture. For camping, mix up the dry ingredients ahead of time, adding 1/4 cup powdered milk to the mixture. When it�s time to fry, just add water instead of milk.

sorry forgot to add this

Thanks Ohiojude and KW, I appreciate your help. I feel certain these are the recipes I was hoping to find. Had no doubt that I could count on y’all!!!Great group of cooks in this forum.Thanks again.