Looking for Outbacks Blooming Onion?

Would any one know how to make Outbacks Blooming Onion any help would be greatly appreciated .Thank you :smiley:

Outbacks Blooming Onion

Ingredients:

4 Vidalia or Texas Sweet Onions

Batter:
1/3 cup Cornstarch
1 1/2 cup Flour
2 tsp. Garlic, minced
2 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
24 oz. Beer

Seasoned Flour:

2 cup Flour
4 tsp. Paprika
2 tsp. Garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper

Mix cornstarch, flour, and seasonings until well blended. Add beer, mix well.

Cut about 3/4" off top of onion and peel. Cut into onion 12 to 16 vertical wedges, but do not cut through bottom root end. Remove about 1" of petals from center of onion.

Dip onion in seasoned flour and remove excess by shaking. Separate petals and dip in batter to coat thoroughly. Gently place in fryer basket and deep-fry at 375º to 400º 1 1/2 minutes. Turn over, and fry an additional 1 1/2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.

Place onion upright in shallow bowl and remove center core with circular cutter or apple corer.

Serve hot with Creamy Chili Sauce.

Creamy Chili Sauce:

1 pint Mayonnaise
1 pint Sour cream
1/2 cup Chili sauce
1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
Mix and serve

B-man :smiley:

Outbacks Blooming Onion

Whoops…I meant to post this in the recipe exchange…and then indicate same to you…I’ll repost as well there for the benefit of those that don’t visit this thread often.

B-man :smiley:

Glad I lucked into t here! Thanks!

Will you please tell me what chilli sauce is. I have looked for it and can not find it. Thanks, Angie.

I would like to have the butter Outback Steakhouse uses for their crab legs.

Thanks

I can tell you those ingredients are not correct for a bloomin onion what you need is your basic flour paprika and cayenne pepper to add to the flour until it has an almost orange tint then for the cooking of it you need to deep fry it for 2 minutes on both sides top and bottom so a total of 4 minutes. you need to flour it egg wash it and flour it again before cooking. As far as the mac n cheese its just 3 oz of heavy cream and 3 ozs of velvetta cheese. the burgundy mushrooms they were close on what you need for those is a dark Cabernet and a basic au jus and onions that you cook together for about 15 or 20 mins and steam the mushrooms for about 30 mins with pieces of lemon and chill the mushrooms then add the sauce to them. and just so everyone knows the bread isnt homemade its frozen as well as many of their other products. The butter is just your basic butter but you have to make sure its never been frozen or to the other end of the spectrum. you need to put the butter into a good pot with a thick bottom and allow it to come up to a boil and whisk it vigorously to ensure that the milk solids combine well with the oils. The sauce for the onion is milk ,mayonnaise, and what they have is a house seasoning, (which is basically paprika and cayenne), horse radish you will also need a good hot sauce.