Looking for some nosalt,no oil,and low fat salad dressings

yep I have gone on a diet and of course I can have no fat,no oil,no dairy,and no salt…Pleeaassseee help…I can’t take the dry salads anymore…lol :cry:

Well, unfortunately you’re pretty limited as to what you can use for a salad dressing :slight_smile: A typical vinagrette consists of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts oil. I would suggest buying a variety of flavored vinegars (such as balsamic, champagne, and cider to name a few). To make a salad dressing without oil, you can substitute fruit juice in place of the oil. I would suggest something like orange juice for a sweeter dressing, and something like grapefruit juice for a more tangy one. Here is a simple example of a vinagrette.

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 cups grapefruit juice
2 TBS grey poupon mustard
2 tsp minced garlic
1 TBS minced chives

Simply add all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until emulsified. There is no right or wrong way to make a vinagrette, so feel free to experiment with different vinegars, juices, and spices. The mustard acts as sort of a binder for the vinagrette, and you can also use whole grain or creole mustard for different flavor. Hope this helps!

I love this forum…Thanx so much…Will try this 2day…Ur an angel…Have a great day… :smiley:

What I usually do is take rice vinegar (sweet) add fresh herbs like basil is my favorite and add just a little bit of sweet and low and fresh garlic or even parmesian cheese (fresh) put in a shaker and no oil…

Also I will take regular dressing that is low cal and add some water to it it gives you more dressing but 1/2 the cals. Maries (in produce section) has an awsome rasberry vinagerette that is only 30 cals for 2 tbls and this is my favorite good luck.