Looking for teriyaki beef marinade

Hi all!

Couple weeks ago, I had these grilled teriyaki beef skewers in a Chinese restaurant that were totally awesome. I am looking for a marinade of the same and I’m not sure which cut of meat would be best for this. The strips of meat were about 1-inch wide and not tough. I’m thinking Flank steak?? Have no idea LOL. I’m not really a “beef” connaisseur. All I know is that they marinade it for a VERY long time… I’m guessing 24 hours. So if anyone can help, much appreciated 8)

Teriyaki Marinade

One of a few that I have. Its good for beef or chicken…grilled or cooked indoors.

Ingredients:

1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon salad oil
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced

makes: 1/3 cup

5 minutes total time to make.

Combine all ingredients in a container& mix until sugar dissolves.
Add beef or chicken, cover& refrigerate for at least 3 hours ( the longer the better), stirring often.

B-man :smiley:

Teriyaki Marinade

Perfect marinade for chicken, pork, beef. Great for grilling.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried ginger

Mix well. Marinate meat 18-24 hours.

Teriyaki Marinade and Dipping Sauce

This is an old way of making a teriyaki sauce with honey instead of sugar, giving it a more pleasing sweetness.

Ingredients:

1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon grated onions
1/2 cup water

makes 1 cup

Blend ginger, soy sauce, honey, garlic, and onion in a bowl.
Add meat to marinade for at least one hour or refrigerate meat in marinade overnight.

After marinating meat, drain the marinade and add it to a 1/2 cup of
water. Bring it to a boil for 3-5 minutes and use it for a meat dipping sauce during the meal.
Excellent for pork, beef or chicken.

Thanks a bunch b-man :smiley:
Now, what cut of beef would you suggest to make these skewers. I was going to buy a few large steaks and cut them into strip. But which cut should I get for this dish?

Teriyaki Marinade

This is a super fast, easy and delicious all purpose marinade. Just as wonderful on flank steak as it is on chicken.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup mirin or dry sherry
1/4 cup salad oil
1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot
2 cloves garlic

makes 1 cup

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour over desired meat in a large zip lock bag and marinate preferably overnight, but at least 3 or 4 hours.
Makes enough for 2-3 pounds of meat.

I’d suggest beef round tip, sliced into one inch stripes…you can cube them from there for the skewers… I have a few beef kabob recipes I think…wish me to post?

Hope this helps Aline

Teriyaki Flank Steak
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 or 2 finely chopped scallions

Lightly score steak on both sides with knife so marinade can soak in. Mix remaining ingredients for marinade. Place steak in marinade and turn often. (A large plastic bag or zip-type bag is good for marinating.) Let stand in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.

Barbecue over flaming coals, about 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Slice meat on diagonal to serve. Slice very thin. Pour marinade over meat, if desired.

Serves 4.

Flank works well too!

B-man

Okay, now I have tomorrow’s grocery list complete. :smiley:
Would appreciate your kabob recipes b-man, as our family loves them. I like to make them as appetizers during the holidays.
Bonsoir tout le monde!! Till tomorrow :wink:

Fantastic Grilled Beef Kabobs!

Just a tip, If you leave a little space between the meat and veggies, they will cook more quickly. If you are using wooden skewers, make certain to soak them in water before using them for grilling or they will burn, I personally prefer grilling with metal skewers. This recipe serves 3-4 people (two skewers each) but I would suggest to double the recipe if you are serving more than 4 people. Cooking time is only estimated… and prep time includes marinating time. The French dressing can be replaced with Russian dressing if desired.

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut into 1-1/2-inch squares (should have about 8-10 pieces)
1 (8 ounce) bottle French dressing
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
black pepper
2-3 cloves finely minced fresh garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
8-10 uncooked bacon, strips
1 large green bell pepper, cut into larger-size chunks
1 large red bell pepper, cut into larger-size chunks
2 small zucchini, cut into chunks
8 large fresh mushrooms
1 large onion, quartered

makes 3-4 servings

8 hours 15 minutes total (approx.) … 8 hrs prep ( includes marinating time)

In a bowl, combine salad dressing, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, pepper and fresh minced garlic or garlic powder (if using) mix well to combine; reserve about 1/4 cup and refrigerate.

Using a shallow glass dish place in the beef cubes, and pour the remaining marinade over the beef; toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight is even better.

After 8 hours, remove the beef, and discard the marinade.
Wrap the bacon slices around the beef cubes.
Then thread the beef alternately with the coarsley chopped veggies (make certain to thread the skewers through the wrapped bacon side, or the bacon will come open when grilled).

Grill over hot heat for about 10-15 minutes, basting frequently with reserved marinade, or until beef reaches desired tenderness.

Beef, Pepper & Mushroom Kabobs

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces or red bell pepper or yellow bell pepper
12 large mushrooms
1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
1/4 teaspoon salt
Seasoning:
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon pepper

makes 4 servings

Trim fat from beef steak; cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces.

In large bowl, whisk together seasoning ingredients; add beef, bell pepper and mushrooms, tossing to coat. Alternately thread pieces of beef, bell pepper and mushrooms on each of four 12-inch metal skewers.
Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.

Meanwhile, place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.

Season with salt. Serve kabobs with rice. To grill, place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered cools. Grill kabobs, uncovered, 8 to 11 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally; season with salt.

Caesar Beef Kabobs

A heart combo of meat and potaotes, skewerd and grilled. Excellent serves over rice or couscous.

Ingredients:

4 small new potatoes (1/2 lb.)
1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small onion, cut into 1 inch peices
1/2 cup non-creamy caesar salad dressing
salt & pepper

makes 4 servings

Microwave potatoes in micro-safe dish covered in plastic wrap with holes punched in it for 4 to 7 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.

Cut beef steak into 1 1/4" pieces.
Combine beef, potatoes, onions, bell pepper in a large bowl.

Drizzle with all but 2 tablespoons of the dressing.
Toss to coat.
Marinate if desired, but not needed.
Thread ingredients on skewer, alterlating meat and veggie.
Grill over medium heat, turning occasionally for 10 to 12 minutes (med. to med. rare) more if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle with remaining dressing before serving.

Beef Kabobs

This is another one of our favorites to cook outside on the grill. Just add some rice pilaf or a baked potato to complete this meal. Preparation time includes time or marinating.

Ingredients:

1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
4-6 cloves garlic, minced or grated
2 lbs sirloin, cut in 1 inch cubes
2 medium onions, cut in quarters
1 carton cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
1 carton fresh whole mushrooms, cleaned
2 green bell peppers or red bell peppers, cut into chunks

makes 6-8 servings
4 hours 20 minutes total (approx.) …4 hrs prep ( marinating time)

Combine first seven ingredients in a jar or container with a lid.
Shake well to combine.
Place meat cubes and vegetables in large bowl and pour marinade ingredients in. Gently stir to distribute the marinade over all.
Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.

Place meat and vegetables on skewers.
Cook on outdoor grill or rotisserie for about 20 minutes for"medium" done sirloin. Adjust cooking time to suit your preference for doneness of sirloin.

Oriental Beef Kabobs

Great appetizers, or main course. Serving size is based on appetizer volume.

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry
2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
6 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1-1/2 inch pieces

makes 16 servings ( apetizer)

Soak sixteen 6-inch bamboo skewers in enough water to cover 10 minutes; drain.

Meanwhile, combine hoisin sauce, sherry, brown sugar, and sesame oil; set aside.

Trim fat from beef steak.
Cut steak crosswise into 1/4 inch thick strips.
Alternately thread beef, weaving back and forth, and green onion pieces onto skewers. Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of kabobs is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Brush with half of hoisin mixture.

Broil 5 to 6 minutes, turning once, and brushing with remaining hoisin mixture.

Beef Kabobs

Prep time includes overnight in fridge.

Ingredients:

1-2 lb of cubed sirloin, top, flank, of lean tender cut steak, cubed
2 bottles 7 seas Italian dressing
1 whole fresh mushroom red peppers or yellow peppers or green peppers, cut into 1 inch squares (or combination) onions, cut into 1 inch squares .

Makes 4-6 servings

12 hours 20 minutes total (approx.) 12 hrs prep (marinating)

Place meat into a bowl and cover with 2/3 of a bottle of dressing.

Place Veggies in a separate bowl and cover with remaining dressing.
You need enough dressing to cover all your meat and veggies.
Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.

Skewer and grill to desired doneness.
Some say it’s a good idea to cook veggies and meat separately or the veggies get over done and the meat will be under done. It’s your call.

Kebabs…Kebabs…Kebabs

Hi Aline…I thought I had a heck of a lot more of the kabob recipes…in fact I’m certain of it…I just can’t seem to find them…isn’t that always the way. Anyway, with the above kebab posts…you get a general idea of skewer ideas and combos…use your own ingredient favorites to thread with the meat. Choose your poison, as the saying goes for the marinade…and allow the meat and marinade flavors to meld for as long as possible. Overnight is best…but if you only have 4 hours…then 4 hours it is. You can experiment with some of the marinade ingredients…like adding cumin or ginger for that complimentary zing…taste as you go! You’ll do well, judging by your fabulous recipe posts, and do let me know how you made out and what combo you chose to make “Aline’s Kabobs!”

Bon apetit, mon ami !

I do hope these recipes are of some help. What time is dinner? :wink:

Thank you very much b-man. These recipes are of great help. Will let you know how it all works out. This morning, hubby went to pick a basket of fresh strawberries. Guess what I’ll be making for dessert? :wink: