Low Carb Noodles
Ingredients:

* 2 extra large eggs
* 1/2 cup soy flour
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2 tablespoons additional soy flour
* 3 quarts water
* 1 1/2 tsp salt

Beat eggs thoroughly with a fork or wire whisk. Add soy flour and salt and mix well. Place a large sheet of waxed paper on a flat surface, or use a wooden board if you have one. Sift a tiny amount of the extra soy flour all over the waxed paper or board. Place the dough on the waxed paper, making sure that all surfaces, top and bottom, get a light coating of the soy flour (you can use high gluten wheat flour here as well for a few carbs extra.) Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until very thin. (The French rolling pins without handles work best here.) Try to roll the dough into a rectangular shape. Work fast!

Beginning with the narrow end, gently fold over about 2 inches of dough and continue turning like a jelly roll until the roll is about 3 inches thick. Dough should be dry enough so layers do not stick together, but should not have a heavy coating of extra soy flour. With a very sharp knife, cut rolled dough in even slices - 1/4 inch wide for fettuccine and as desired for other pasta (wide noodles for gravy mixtures should be cut about 1/2 inch wide.) Unroll strips carefully so as not to break them, and arrange on waxed paper, keeping flat. The noodles may be left to dry for 1-2 hours, or cooked immediately.

To cook, bring water to a rolling boil. Add salt and put in the pasta, pushing it down gently until all is submerged in the water. (A little oil added will keep the pasta from sticking.) Cook to the al dente stage, testing frequently to make sure the pasta does not overcook. (Al dente means tender but still firm to bite.) Drain pasta thoroughly in a colander and use it with your favorite pasta recipe.

Makes 4 servings. 6 carbs per serving (if using high glutten flour, 7.5 carbs).

just bumpin’

Hi Everyone.

I haven’t posted in a while… I had a pretty “ruff” year this past year (-- started last Memorial Day weekend 2010) long story short – I had to have my leg amputated because a difficulties with Diabetes. Wounds would heal - in and out of the hospitals, nursing homes etc - back and forth to the doctors for follow ups and cleaning and changing dressings on leg.

I have a low income and have been trying to find food pantries to supplement my SS.

This past week - I received two grocery bags filled with stuff for my home.

BUT HALF OF IT I had to throw out because so much of it was WAY past expiration date!

GGGGHHHEEEeeeee I am not healthy to begin with but when I receive foods that are definitly Not Healthy for you what can I do! Stop using this food pantry or send a letter to the church and let them know that donating expired foods don’t help . Granted I didn’t pay them but I do have to eat. Getting paid once a month is just so hard to budget your income for food and I thought food pantries would be a big help. NOT

thanks for letting me rant
hungry in new jersey –
p.s. next check doesn’t get here until next week :frowning:

Hi HelenRose -

It’s nice to see you back again. And I hope all goes well for you.

This has been my big gripe for sometime and I have ranted and raved and posted this as well.

I am a person that donates to food pantries - and what I have seen turns my stomach. There should be a law!

Day old bread or baked goods is one thing - but I have seen things so outdated that it is a sin.

And I tell everyone - if it’s out-dated - don’t use a food pantry as your garbage can - toss it yourself. If you are going to donate to a food pantry - donate what you would feed your family and little ones!

I’m on SSD myself - hate this once a month pay as well.

[b]Instead of tell them to quit bringing food…my suggestion is, to call (or send a letter) to the person incharge of the pantry telling them of the problem with sending out expired foods to people that already have health issues.

It has been my experience they really want to help not hinder…and like feedback.

I have worked at food panteries before and always checked the expried dates…but know a lot of people don’t take the time to (they should though). There should be a sign posted on the end of the racks informing people to be sure to read the dates.

Do they know you are a Diabetic?? If they do, then they should welcome your input, and try to be more helpful.[/b]
Cin(\0/)

I love Noodles…