Low country boil

1/2 cup seafood boil seasoning or 1 bag seafood boil seasoning
2 lbs. small new red potatoes
8 short-ears of corn
1 bag baby carrots
6 sm onions
2 lbs. pre-cooked smoked sausage, sliced 1/4" thick
2 lbs. shrimp preferably split and deveined or 1 lb shrimp and 1 lb crawfish tails
1/2 c butter or margarine

Fill deep fryer with water. Set heat to 375° F and bring to a boil. This will take approximately 20 to 25 minutes. You can use a propane fish cooker rather than the deep fryer.

Add butter and boil until melted.

Add potatoes, onions and seafood boil seasoning carefully into boiling water and boil for 12 minutes.

Add corn and boil an additional 9 minutes.

Add sausage and carrots continuing to boil for 9 more minutes.

Lastly, add shrimp. Boil for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until shrimp are pink. Total cooking time for the boil is 33 to 35 minutes. Drain and serve hot.

Hey!
That’s sounds great! But is it ok if i substitute shrimp with crab??

Absolutely, this is one of those do your own thing recipes where you can put in whatever you like. I would suggest that you have some of both.
I added carrots and onions to the original recipe.

This is an old South Carolina thing and some folks call it Beaufort stew named after Beaufort, SC. I knew nothing of this recipe until I moved here from Tennessee 25 years ago, and we always have this at our Superbowl party. We even had it for Christmas dinner one year. Anyway the low country term comes from the area from Georgetown to Charleston, all the way to Hilton Head where this meal originated. Folks in the low country would prepare this meal outside, place newspaper on a picnic table and pour the boil out on the table and would have what some referred to as a Grab n’ Growl.

If you have it once you will have it again. Enjoy.