Mango Banana Bread
Makes two solar oven pots.
60 ml ½ cup butter or Crisco
60 ml ½ cup sugar
1 1 egg
2.5 ml 1 tsp vanilla extract
1½ 1½ large ripe bananas (or 2 small bananas)
1 1 ripe mango
250 ml 2 cups flour
7.5 ml 1 Tbs baking powder
1 ¼ tsp salt
1.25 ml ½ tsp cinnamon
- In small bowl: combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In second bowl: puree (or mash until like pudding) the bananas and mangos.
- In large bowl: cream butter or Crisco, with sugar. Add egg, mix well. Add vanilla, mix well. Add fruit, mix well.
- Add 1/3 dry ingredients to wet ingredients, 1/3 at a time. Mix well after each third.
- Divide dough into two parts and pour into greased and floured solar oven pots. Spread dough across
entire bottom until batter touches sides. Put lids on pots.
- Put pots in solar oven to bake. Bread is baked when dough comes away from sides of pot.