Maple Nut Scones
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar - packed
2 Tbsp walnuts - chopped
½ cup butter or margarine- firm
2 Tbsp brown sugar - packed
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup walnuts - chopped and toasted
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp milk
2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix two Tbsp brown sugar and 2 Tbsp finely chopped nuts; reserve.
- Cut the margarine into flour, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, baking powder, and salt with a pastry blender or two large knives in a large bowl until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Stir in a ½ cup of toasted nuts.
- Stir in maple syrup, egg, and just enough milk so that the dough leaves the side of the bowl and forms a ball.
- Turn the dough on to a lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat.
- Knead lightly 10 times to coat.
- Pat or roll into an 8-inch circle on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with brown sugar nut mixture.
- Cut into eight wedges but do not separate.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet; carefully separate the wedges.
Serve warm and enjoy!