2 tsp prepared mustard
1Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp chopped onion
1 bottle capers
1 sweet pickle, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Tabasco
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients. Pour over seafood and let stand overnight in fridge, stirring several times. Since the seafood absorbs the marinade, no dipping sauce is required. This amount is enough for 3 lbs. raw peeled shrimp, cooked.

Kitchen Tested by JoanieCooks

This might have been better posted in the Rubs and Marinades thread of Ingredient of the Day

B-man :smiley:

Thank you for bringing it to my attention, but the theme of the I of the D for that day seemed to be how to flavor meats etc for the BBQ. Because of the ingredients in my marinade it is not really meant for the grill. I noticed you posted your ‘Chinese Five Spice Marinade’ for grilling here on the recipe ex, so I thought it would be okay for me as well.

The theme of “BBQ” was used as a suggestion, and not cast as exclusive to BBQ. There are entries such as Joe Slate’s that follow the Ingredient suggestion, and not necesssarily intended for BBQ. When in doubt, PM SWTNESS as she is moderator of that forum. My previous post was made as suggestion and not direction. My 5 Spice recipe runs concurrent with the other oriental posts made at or near the same time frame. If you have any further comment use the PM function…save the “white space” for follow-up posts in the way of recipe questions etc. Another mere suggestion.

B-man

you don’t seem to be using the pm