Marlin and Scallops Risotto

Found this online, tried it out and thought it was pretty good though not as amazing as I had hoped. A great and unusual combination. The website I found it on has some other risotto recipes which I’ll try out and report back on.

Ingredients:

1 cup risotto (arborio) rice,
5 cups chicken, vegetable or fish stock,
1/2 lb. fresh mussels,
1/2 cup sliced marinated octopus,
6 oz. marlin steak, diced,
4 oz. bay scallops,
1 tsp. chopped garlic,
1 small onion, chopped,
2 tbsp. olive oil,
1 tbsp. butter,
1 tbsp. chopped parsley,
1/4 cup sweet peas,
1/2 cup dry white wine,
salt and pepper to taste.

Recipe: In a large skillet heat the butter and olive oil and saute the onion and garlic for two minutes and add the rice. Saute for 4-5 minutes more until the rice is translucent. Deglaze with the white wine and cook until the wine is absorbed. Start adding the stock one cup at a time and stir until it is absorbed. When the rice is almost fully cooked, set it aside and saute the seafood in a separate pan with little oil. When the mussels open remove them from the shells and discard the shells. Stir in the seafood in the rice and cook for some more. Add a little more stock or water if needed. Stir in the parsley and serve. And, yes, you can use Parmesan cheese in this recipe if desired, contrary to what some other people are telling

This is an excellent recipe. I used only large uncut scallops and left out the peas. I could see using larger shrimp as well. I would highly recommend.