Maui Salmon

Hello, I am looking for Damon’s Grill Maui Salmon recipe. I believe it uses a Chimichura but not sure how. I had it the other night and it was perfect. It is on their lighter fair menu and only has 550 calories.

Thanks
Beetlejuice

Hi Beetlejuice -

I don’t have Damon’s but I am still looking through my disks as well - but I did find these - maybe they may help -

Red Lobster Maui Luau Shrimp & Salmon
Serves 4

• 4 each 5-6 oz. skinned salmon fillet
  • 24 each 26-30 count peeled shrimp
  • 4 each Bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 10-15 minutes)
  • 8 each Fresh pineapple half moons
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • Sweet chili sauce

Note:

Sweet chili sauce is usually found in the Asian specialties section of your local market. It should not be confused with the thicker tomato version of chili sauce

1. Brush both sides of salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
  2. After soaking the skewers, slide 6 shrimp onto each skewer, leaving room on either end. Brush both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and garlic powder.
  3. Cut the fresh pineapple into slices approximately half inch in diameter and then cut in half. Brush both sides with olive oil.
  4. On a medium heated grill, place the salmon flesh side down. Grill approximately 6?7 minutes per side or until the fish reaches 150 degrees.
  5. Grill shrimp approximately 3-4 minutes per side or until 150 degrees.
  6. Grill pineapple for 2-3 minutes per side or until there is good carmelization.
  7. Brush all items generously with the sweet chili sauce.
  8. To serve, place the pineapple at the top of each plate and crisscross. Top the pineapple with a scoop of your favorite rice. Crisscross the salmon and the shrimp skewer on top of the rice. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with your favorite vegetable

KW

Please keep looking for me. I have never tasted anything as good. I don’t know if they are marianating in chimichurri or just putting it on after grilling but the salmon had a nice caramelization to it which I usually equate with a little brown surgar. Also, looking on the net, I am finding many chimichurri recipes and would love to know what combination they use. I hope you find one for me. Thanks so much for looking.

Still looking - I have so many disks it’s not funny - but I did dig these out:

Chimichurri

#1 bunch flat leaf parsley
8 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 lemon wedge (juice of)
1 tablespoon diced red onions
1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt

Pulse parsley in processor to chop.
Add remaining ingredients and blend.
Separate sauce into equal parts.
(Use half for basting or marinade).
(Use other half for table service).

Chimichurri Sauce

2 to 10 cloves garlic, peeled, and chopped coarse
1 or more red jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, chopped coarsely
1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
1 cup fresh parsley leaves
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine garlic and jalapeno in food processor and pulse to mince finely. Add oregano and parsley; pulse to finely chop. Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Use immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
Use to baste shrimp, beef, chicken or pork, and/or serve as a sauce on the side of just about any meat or main dish.
Makes 6 servings

We’re getting there…How come there are no Damon’s recipes about?

We should really install a “Buy me a Beer” function into this forum so that when someone helps you they can be rewarded.

Beer is for making beer batter for fish, shrimp and onion rings in my book - but iced tea or iced green tea would really be appreciated!!! LOL!!!

But that is a very nice thought!

Damon’s Pecan-Crusted Fluffy Sweet Potatoes

Whipped Potatoes:
3 1/2 cups cooked sweet potato pieces or
1 (40 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
4 egg whites
2 tablespoons flour

Pecan Crust:
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons light butter
1/3 cup chopped pecans

Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- inch pie plate with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.

Whipped Potatoes: Using a food processor or electric mixer, beat the sweet potatoes, egg whites and flour just until smooth. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pie plate and bake for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, prepare Pecan Crust: Place brown sugar and butter in a small microwaveable bowl. Heat on high power for about 20 seconds, until melted. Carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and top with the pecans. Drizzle the brown sugar mixture over the pecans. Return to the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes, until golden and bubbly.

Servings: 6

Barbequed Ribs - similar to Damon?s

#4 lbs ribs, cut 3-4 to a bunch
1 ounce mccormick chili seasoning mix (or other)
1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder (or regular)
1 1/2 teaspoons mesquite powder
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup apple juice (not “cocktail”)
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons butter
1 (18 ounce) bottle honey barbeque sauce

Parboil the ribs in water for 30 minutes. Then remove and allow them to cool for 10 minutes or so.
Combine chili seasoning, brown sugar, apple juice, vinegar, worcestershire, chili powder and, mesquite seasoning to form a runny paste. Paint this sauce on the cooled ribs and grill them over charcoal for about 10-12 minutes to a side until there are a few small blackened spots. This is done over a covered grill, turning as necessary to brown them up. If you can’t find mesquite seasoning, substitute 1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke and a teaspoon of seasoned salt.
When the ribs come off the grill, place them in a large, flat baking pan sprayed with PAM and place a couple of pads of butter on each bunch of the ribs. Cover the pan/ribs with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 275 degrees for 90 minutes.
At the end of 90 minutes, remove the ribs from the oven, paint them heavily on both sides with the barbeque sauce. Re-cover the pan/ribs and bake for another 20 minutes at the same temperature.
Serve hot with more barbeque sauce at the table.

Oh,I know someone who would love those sweet potatos.
Ron,
Do you have a good recipe software program that would combine do everything restaurant software does (I imagine)? It would make menus, collate ingredients, sort ingredients by store areas, do all kinds of searches etc etc.

oops. I just clicked on your link for smr. I am taking the demo.