1 clove garlic

6 oz. fettuccine, uncooked

Topping
¼ C sliced ripe olives
¼ C. shredded zucchini
2 Tblsps. chopped tomato
Avocado slices

Preparation:

Peel and de-vein shrimp. Sprinkle shrimp evenly with cumin and chili powder. Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray: add oil. Place over medium heat until hot. Add shrimp; sauté 3 – 5 minutes or until done. Drain shrimp, and pat dry with paper towels; cover and chill. Wipe skillet dry with a paper towel.

Add broth to skillet; bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to ¼ cup.  Remove from heat; let cool.  Pour broth into container of an electric blender.  Add avocado and next 5 ingredients; cover and process until smooth.

Cook fettuccine according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.  Rinse under cold water; drain well.  Combine fettuccine and one-third of avocado mixture; toss well. 

Place fettuccine in center of a serving platter.  Top with clumps of shrimp, olives, zucchini, tomato and remaining avocado mixture.  Garnish with avocado slices and fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired.  Serves 4.

Suggestions:

This dish is so flavorful that I don’t always reduce the chicken broth if I am short on time.

The avocado mixture makes a good taco salad dressing & dip. It can be made in advance since the limejuice prevents it from browning.

I use fresh pasta.

Wear gloves if you have them when cutting the jalepeno.

Serve with fresh pineapple or banana caramel dessert.

Nutrition Information per serving:
322 calories (28% from fat)
fat 10 g (1.6 g saturated fat)
protein 21.7g
carbohydrate 36.9g
cholesterol 112 mg
sodium 199 mg