Choose foods that cook well in moist heat: chicken, fish, ground
meat, vegetables, sauces and soups.

Pieces that are about equal in size and shape will cook more
uniformly.

You can reduce the liquid used in cooking beverages, soups,
vegetables, fruits, and main dishes by about one third because less
evaporates in microwave cooking.

Choose a microwave-safe container slightly larger than the dish
required for cooking the recipe in a conventional oven.

To create a crusty look on baked items, grease pans with an
acceptable vegetable oil and add ground nuts or crumbs.

Add lowfat cheese and other toppings near the end of cooking to
keep the top from becoming tough or soggy.

B-man :wink:

Microwave Cake Tips

Most any cake from a mix can be baked in a microwave (exceptions are angel food, chiffon and sponge cakes) if you just follow a few simple rules.

1. Always use a microwafe safe pan (ROUND is always better; preferably a bundt pan).

2. Never fill more than halfway (actually a little under is even better).

3. For a 700 watt oven, cake will be done in approximately 10 minutes on high. Chocolate cakes seem to take a few minutes (1-2) longer. If you have a 1000 watt oven, you would use 70% power. If additional time is needed (as microwave temps do vary) only add time in 30 second increments. Cake will look moist on top but will be done when it pulls away from the sides of the pan. If you keep adding time trying to get rid of the wet top, you will over cook and have a very large round BRICK.

You will have a moister cake if you immediately invert onto a serving platter when it comes out of the microwave (make sure its is done first) and frost. Frosting will sink into cake. You will need to refrost after cake cools if you want the frosting to not look sunk in. I just drizzle a melted premade frosting on and refrost if it is going somewhere fancy.

This is something I never thought of. I definitely will give it a try and see how good the cakes turn out.
Thanls A J

What a surprise! This turned out delightful. Last time I tried to cook anything in the microwave, it was a disaster. My oven is a 1000 watt so I did cook at 70%. Too bad you can make a cake this fast, now I will probably gain back the weight I spent all summer losing. My husband is a dessert fan so he is thrilled that I can’t use the old it takes too long excuse.

Thanks a bunch, I think (LOL) :? .