Momofuku Milk Bar’s Cornflake Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookies
Yields 24 big cookies
Momofuku’s version of the classic chocolate chip cookie with crunchy cornflakes, gooey marshmallows & mini chocolate chips!
1 1/2 cups cornflakes
6 tablespoons milk powder
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 275˚F.
- Lightly crush the cornflakes in a bowl.
- Mix together the milk powder, sugar and salt.
- Pour the butter over the cornflakes and sprinkle the dry ingredients on top. Toss until evenly coated.
- Spread out cornflake mixture on a lined baking sheat and bake for 20 minutes or until the cornflakes have a deep caramelized colour.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before use. This recipe will make about 1 1/2 cups.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons salt * use 1 teaspoon if you’re not a salt fan
1 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 large egg
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cups caramelized cornflakes
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Cream butter, sugar, and corn syrup until well combined. Add egg and mix.
- Add flour mixture and mix. Add in chocolate chips, marshmallows and caramelized cornflakes. Scoop dough into balls and place about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Transfer baking sheets to oven and bake, rotating pans halfway through baking, until cookies are golden brown, about 15 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.