Zest of 1 lemon
Zest of 1 orange
1 stick cinnamon
1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
1 small melon
100g wild strawberries
A few mint leaves
- Roll the zest into sticks.
- Bring quickly to the boil and strain.
- Pour Monbazillac into a pan, add zest, sugar, cinnamon and pink peppercorns.
- Bring to the boil and leave to cool.
- Peel and slice soft fruit, put in a large salad bowl.
- Once the syrup has cooled, add fruit and put dish into fridge.
- Serve chilled and deorate with mint leaves.
Prepare this dish the night before if possible. If not, allow at least 3 hours’ chilling time before serving.
You could also use frozen fruit, bought or picked, make sure you defrost it thoroughly beforehand.
For more delicious French food, visit