MOUTH-WATERING OVEN-FRIED FISH
For variety, try this heart-healthy fish recipe with any kind of fish.
2 lbs fish fillets
1 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh
1/4 cup skim milk or 1% buttermilk
2 drops hot pepper sauce
1 tsp garlic, fresh, minced
1/4 tsp white pepper, ground
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup cornflakes, crumbled or regular bread crumbs
1 Tbsp vegetable oil (for greasing baking dish)
1 lemon fresh, cut in wedges
- Preheat oven to 475? F.
- Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
- Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
- Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflake crumbs and place on a plate.
- Let fillets sit in milk briefly. Remove and coat fillets on both sides with
seasoned crumbs. Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
- Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
- Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.
Makes 6 servings–Serving size: 1 cut piece
Fat 2 g
Saturated fat less than 1 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 325 mg