CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP (This is my wife’s favorite)
12 oz Mushrooms (sliced)
16 oz Cream
1 oz Brandy
24 oz Chicken stock (strong)
2/3 C Flour
1 cube Butter
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 tsp Sugar
1/2 C Onion (diced)
4 oz Walnut pieces
- Mix flour with chicken stock in a large sauce pan. Bring to a
simmer and cook until volume is reduced in half.
- Saute’ mushrooms and onions untill transluscent in medium
sized saute’ pan. Process 1/3 of mushroom onion mixture in a
food processor, add back to mushroom pan with brandy, sugar,
and cream; bring to a simmer, combine with chicken stock
mixture, adjust salt and pepper.
- If soup is too thin, mix a little flour into a couple ounces
of water, add to soup until you get the consistency you want.
- Sprinkle walnuts on a baking sheet, mist with water and
sprinkle with sugar and salt. Toast in oven at 325 until brown.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with walnuts for serving.
Results will be good if you follow the directions and don’t make any substitutions.