My Own Fish Chowder

Adjust amounts depending on how many you will feed.

Purchase the day you will use one pound of skinned Haddock Fillet or Cod Fillet (Keep on ice until you get it home and immediately put in fridge til you are going to cook it).

Put about two tablespoons of butter in Heavy Big Kettle
Add about one tablespoons of good olive oil to kettle
melt the two together on low heat.

Chop a nice sweet Big onion and put it in the kettle and begin to simmer on low until it is translucent but not browned.

Peel and chop fine chunks of potatoe and add to translucent onion.

Now add salt and freshly ground pepper

Take two cups of organic chicken broth and add to pot now and bring it all to a simmer just covering the potatoes. If you need a bit more, it is ok to add it at this time, but just barely cover the potatoes. Cook until potatoes are almost done about 15 minutes at a simmer.

Now lay your fish which I would wash under cold running water and lay it on top of your potato/onion/broth mixture. It can cover all of your pot incredients. Salt lightly again. Now put tight lid back on pot and simmer at a low bubble until your fish flakes easily with a fork. Do not break up the fish too much at this point.

Now add as much 1/2 and 1/2 as you want for your completed meal. Do NOT let the mixture boil with the cream in the pot. Bring it up to hot enough to serve. Break up the fish by stirring the pot together. Test for salt and pepper at this point and adjust as needed.

Add chopped finely fresh parsley to top of fish chower before serving.

This whole process is very quick. Only about 45 minutes from start to finish.

Serve in pretty cups or bowls with crusty rolls or chowder crackers.

Also, you can add any seafood you want at the point where you put your fish laying on top of the potato/onion mixture. A few sea scollops, add a few peeled and deveined shrimp at the last five minutes of cooking time.

FRESH FISH IS A MUST FOR ME. I grew up on it and I cannot tolerate anything that isn’t. I hope you will love this recipe. I could literally live on it if I could get the fish. It is hard where I live and it is expensive. :smile: