my weekend menu -

It’s hot out and I don’t feel like cooking much in the heat. Tomorrow I will make skinless, boneless chicken breasts (enough for 2 days). Skillet fried with plenty of fresh garlic, kosher salt, cracked black pepper and fresh parsley.

For tomorrow - chicken breasts, mashed potatoes, chicken gravy and also a sauce made with cream of chicken soup - take your pick. Buttered peas and carrots, green salad and fresh crusty Italian bread. I’ll make a jello/fruit dessert with a dollop of whipped cream.

Sunday I will cut the cooked breasts into fingers and heat on the grill with BBQ sauce, served with bleu cheese dressing. “Cheater baked beans” (done on the stove top) - Bush’s baked beans, a squirt of ketchup, mustard and a handful of brown sugar - if it’s very humid - I will use the crockpot for this. Green salad and or course - corn on the cob! Ice cream parfaits (homemade vanilla ice cream layered with crushed chocolate chip or nutter butters (take your pick), a drizzle of chocolate syrup and topped with whipped cream. Chopped nuts, if wanted. Heck - I’ve even got maraschino cherries if you want one on top!

Lunch - just a light salad of tomatoes, onions and provolone, drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with salt, pepper and basil - crusty Italian bread.

Lunch for Sunday - blanched cauliflower, chunked provolone and mozzarella, sliced blanched carrots, sliced celery and onion, black olives, drizzle with olive oil, a bit of sugar, salt, cracked pepper and a bit of dried red bell pepper - crusty Italian bread.

Saturday breakfast - do it yourself. A pot of tea will keep me going till lunch! Too much work to do to think about breakfast!

Sunday - omelets and toast. Sauteed onion, green and red bell pepper, diced ham, pour beaten eggs over - let cook a bit and then toss and flip; place a half slice of cheese of choice in the middle - slide onto plate and fold over - top with a sprinkle of cheese and serve with toasted Italian bread and raspberry preserves.

Well - since I had the grill going anyway - I made the recipe from “the blog” - Boston Market Meatloaf and I shaped them into big patties. Served on fresh kaiser rolls with any toppings wanted! It was a nice addition to dinner!