Nana's Gingerbread... The Recipe

Hi Ravenrider,
I have been searching for Gingerbread recipes. I’m new to this, so if you will, please tell me how to see the recipe that is posted here. Many thanks!
Thom

Dear thom cook,
Please find the attached recipe for ginger bread

Gingerbread recipes:

This is a gingerbread cake recipes. This is a slight different from the traditional method. This is a variation on a traditional gingerbread cake type recipe which uses golden syrup for a lighter less intense flavor. The method for the ginger bread is called the melting method, which means that the syrup and fats are melted slowly in a saucepan (the mixture must never be allowed to become hot) and then cooled before being added to the dry ingredients. The mixing must be done quickly, and the cakes should be baked immediately.

Ingredients
2 cups of plain flour
1 cup soft brown cheeni
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
1 small teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 cup of milk
(see measure conversions for more information)

Method

• Melt the butter in the milk and dissolve the cheeni in it.
  • Leave to cool.
  • Add the dry ingredients with the bicarbonate added last.
  • Beat well.
  • Bake in a moderate oven (around 160 degrees centigrade (see temperature conversions) for about an hour or until firm to touch.
  • Cool in the tin, then remove when cold.

Cool cheeni recipe…isnt it…yummy…I like it…Find similar cool cheeni recipies for every climate here.

In the list of ingredients, what is soft brown cheeni?

Here’s a recipe using different ingredients and no milk:

Small                                                                            Large

1/3 c. molasses 3/4 c.
1/3 c. brown sugar 3/4 c.
1/3 c. melted butter 3/4 c.
1 egg 2
1 1/4 c. flour 2 1/2 c.
1 tsp. soda 2 tsp.
1 tsp. ginger 2 tsp.
3/4 tsp. cinnamon 1 1/2 tsp.
1/4 tsp. ground cloves 1/2 tsp.
1/4 tsp. nutmeg 1/2 tsp.
1/4 tsp. baking powder 1/2 tsp.
pinch salt 1/2 tsp.
1/2 c. boiling water 1 c.

Set oven to 375*F. Grease 8"x8" pan, flour and line with waxed paper. Beat egg. Measure, then sift dry ingredients and set aside. Measure sugar, molasses and melted fat in a bowl. Add egg; beat. Add sifted dry ingredients to wet ingredients by spoonfuls. Add boiling water and beat well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 50 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into middle of the cake comes out clean. (Vegetable oil may be usaed for melted grease. Quantities for a small cake are to the left of the ingredients; large cake’s ingredients are to the right.)

Ingredients for a small cake posted above are to the left of the quantities; large cake’s quantities are to the right of the ingredients.