Need a Good Sp[aghette Recipe Please1

I need a very good Italian Spaghette and meat ball recipe that taste like homemade. If anyone makes a good one…please be so kind as to post the recipe.
God Bless!
Betty in Florida :slight_smile:

:lol: I know the name implies I don’t know spaghetti from pasghetti but I got this recipe from a child care magazine years ago, and I loved it (so did the kids :lol: ) Anyway, I hope you like it, too!

GOOD OLD “PASGHETTI AND MEATBALLS”

1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
½ c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. finely chopped onion
1 t. salt
½ t. pepper
3 ½ c. BASIC “PASGHETTI SAUCE” (recipe below)
Spaghetti noodles, cooked
Dump all the ingredients, except the sauce and noodles, into a large bowl and thoroughly combine everything until it is well mixed. With wet hands, form the meat mixture into 1" balls, rolling them firmly. Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes, turning them over halfway through baking. The meatballs should be firm and slightly browned. Meanwhile, heat the spaghetti sauce I a medium saucepan. Remove meatballs from baking sheet and plunk into the simmering sauce. Allow to simmer in the sauce for 15 to 20 minutes. Pour over cooked spaghetti.
Makes 4 servings.

BASIC “PASGHETTI SAUCE”:
2 T. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1/4 t. garlic powder
½ red or green pepper, chopped
1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
½ t. dried oregano, crumbled
½ t. dried basil, crumbled
1 t. salt
½ t. pepper
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic powder and red or green pepper, and cook for about 10 minutes, until softened. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Makes about 3 ½ cups.

Hi Betty,
I spent quite a bit of time in Italy courtesy of the Air Force, and I can give you a couple of tips if you’d like. First of all, when you make meatballs you need to use a combination of ground beef and ground pork for the “real deal” in flavor. Make sure you use a leaner ground beef, something like 80-85% lean. It gives just enough fat to make them tender and juicy, but not so much as they are basically balls of grease i tomato sauce. Also, whenever you cook pasta, always cook it al dente. If you’re unfamiliar with the term, it basically means not quite done. All italian pastas, no matter what the sauce, are finished in the pan with the sauce itself. This allows the pasta to finish cooking, and it subsequently abosrbs the sauce itself. Most restaurants (and people) simply pour a bunch of sauce over boiled pasta, and if you’ve eaten that, you will definitely notice the difference if you cook it this way. I have a very good recipe for bolognese sauce I can post here for you if you’d like. It is a little time consuming, but it’s well worth the effort. Just let me know :slight_smile:

Joe

Hi Joe…

I’m always in search of a great sauce recipe and would love to try your bolognese recipe. Could you please post it?

No problem Pam, I’ll post it up in a minute. Hope you enjoy it!

Joe

Thanks Joe… Your recipe sounds wonderful. Can’t wait to make it.