need help

I am new at this and need some help.I am looking for a recipe for frying frog legs.Have not had them for a long time and the memory is not what it use to be.I’m sure some where out there some one is still catching and frying.Any advice would help.Will wait for reply.Thanks in advance.

nanny37 - do you like themn crispy??

Crispy Fried Frog Legs

2 to 2 1/2 pounds small frog legs
1/3 cup lemon juice
crushed ice
1/3 cup milk
2 eggs, separated
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
salt and pepper
dash cayenne pepper, optional
2 cups flour
vegetable oil for deep frying

Wash frog legs thoroughly. Place in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice, and cover with crushed ice. Refrigerate 1 to 3 hours. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg yolks, and 2 teaspoons oil. Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into milk and egg yolk mixture.

Sprinkle frog legs with salt and pepper, and a little cayenne, if using; dip each in milk egg mixture, then dredge in flour. Heat vegetable oil in a deep-fryer or skillet to 375°. Fry frog legs until golden brown. With a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels to drain.
Serves 4 to 6.

FRIED FROG LEGS - sorry about no measurements -it’s one of those eyeballed recipes!

Frog legs
Salt
Water
Beaten eggs for dredging
Cracker meal
Vegetable oil

Wash and soak frog legs in salt water for 2 hours. Pat dry. Dip in beaten egg and roll in cracker meal. In frying pan, heat vegetable oil almost to the boiling point. Add frog leg; turn until golden brown on both sides. Drain on brown paper. Serve hot.

or Cajun style -

Cajun Fried Frog Legs

16 frog legs skinned and clean
1 cup canola or peanut oil
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
dash of white pepper (optional)
season all to taste
flour for dusting

Rinse frog legs well and pat dry. Sprinkle Season-All on the frog legs to taste. In a separate glass bowl mix the egg and milk.
In another bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, black and white pepper.

Take the seasoned frog legs and lightly coat with plain flour; helps the egg stick to the leg. Coat with egg mixture then dredge in the seasoned flour mixture until the leg is fully coated. Fry until golden brown in the oil that has been heated in a skillet. Drain on paper towel and serve with onion hush puppies.

Morning,I can’t thank you enough for the recipes for frog legs.I am really new at the recipe forum,and the computer.If you had not said that you had posted the recipes there is no way I would have known they were there.When I did find them I couldn’t tell you how I did it,I just kept jumping from site to site.They say practice makes perfect so will keep punching keys.
Just wanted to let you know you helped another one looking for help.Keep up the good work.

nanny37 - I’m glad to help. With continued use you will become an old pro at the computer. Usually when a request is made for recipes I will post the recipes someone is looking for in the same thread - or I will post in that thread which thread I have posted the recipes to. I hope it helps!

Enjoy your frog legs and I hope that recipe in the Recipe Exchange for the grilled fish was a help as well.

KW

Hello Nanny, I have made fried frog legs my whole life.
We gig them and fry them up on our ranch.
You can do this simple version.
Mix equal parts Cornstarch & flour, add your seasonings you like to the flour mixture. I use course salt, Accent and pepper.
Dip the legs into buttermilk then in the mix and fry in a good oil, Peanut oil has a nice heat point and does not burn easily.
I love them a bit crunchy so I fry longer if you like more tender just fry until lightly golden.
MMM Delish!
My mom and dad both taught me this method and they had a restaurant so they were mighty fine cooks.