New Recipe Request

:smiley: Wow, love this forum! How fun… I am looking for a recipt for “Veal Neopolitan”, a rolled veal dish with ham or procuitto and cheese.
Also need a good recipe for Butter Garlic Sauce (uses lemon).
And lastly, a recipe for Shrimp Congelia, using a red based sauce (chili sauce and perhaps mayo?). It is broiled in the oven.
Thanks so much and I hope I can be of service to you! :lol:

Those are indeed difficult recipes to find. Hopefully you’ll like this one. :slight_smile:

Veal in Garlic Butter Sauce

4 slices of veal
1/8 tsp. Garlic
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1/2 lemon
1/8 tsp. Sage
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced very thin
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 - 2 sticks butter

Pound veal and cut into small squares. Season with garlic, salt, pepper and lemon; brown in frying pan with sage and bayleaf. In a separate pan saute the sliced mushrooms in 2 tbs. butter. Combine veal, mushrooms and heavy cream in 9" casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes at 275. Serve with fried bread or on toasted rounds of French bread.

:smiley: This recipe looks devine. Thanks so much!! It sounds exactly like what I am looking for :!:

:?: Could that be Shrimp Conchiglia? :?:

Does it contain shell-shaped pasta? If so, the recipe will be Italian, since it has a red sauce, and conchiglia means shell.

:idea: I’ll dig out my grandmother’s recipe box and see if she has anything like that in there…

Here’s hoping! :!:

I hope this isnt too late. It isnt a veal neopolitan, but it is something similar and soooo good.

I am not sure of the exact measurements as I just do it all by eye. But it shouldnt be too hard.

Veal cutlets
flour (or egg and bread crumbs)
roasted red peppers
fresh mozzarella
string
olive oil

Take the veal and cover it in flour. (You could also use egg and bread crumbs) Then place some roasted red peppers on top of it, and then place a piece of fresh mozzarella on top of that. Roll the ends of the veal cutlet up over the cheese, so the cutlet is in a circle, completely surrounding the peppers and cheese. Tie with string. Sear in oil on all sides in frying pan. Just for a few minutes. To completely cook, place on baking sheet and place in oven until cutlets are completely cooked though. Hope that helps!

This isn’t Veal Napolian, but it sounded similar to what you were looking for (although your post was a long time ago).

16 1-1/2 oz slices of veal (thin)
4 thin slices prosciutto ham, finely chopped
8 oz brie cheese, peel the rind and softened
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup unsalted butter
1 T olive oil
4 oz. mushrooms
3 shallots, finely chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chopped parsley

Pound veal, season lightly with salt and pepper. Combine prosciutto & brie. Spread mixture on veal slices. Roll up and dust with flour / garlic powder mix.

Melt butter & olive oil over medium high heat in large skillet. Saute veal rolls untril brown on all sides and cooked through. Remove to a warm covered plate.

In same pan, saute mushrooms and shallots in remaining butter and add cream. Bring to a boil and reduce sauce to desired consistency. Add parsley. Spoon sauce over veal and serve.