Oh, So Easy Pork Roast

4- 5 1/2 lb. - Pork Shoulder, Picnic Arm Roast (inexpensive)
2-3 Lg. Onions, sliced or cut in chunks
4 Lg. Carrots, cut into chunks
*BBQ Rub mixture

*My homemade BBQ Rub - #s indicate how many parts (1-black pepper,
2-brown sugar, 1-garlic powder, 1-onion powder, 1-powdered ginger,
2-steak seasoning, 1-Kosher salt, 1-curry powder, 3-sweet paprika, 1-hot paprika, 1-cumin, 1/2-chili powder, (optional)smaller amounts of ancho or chipotle chili powder) Mix well. CAN BE MADE IN ADVANCE & KEPT IN A COVERED JAR FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS

Rub pork roast all over, liberally and well with BBQ Rub. Place roast in a zip-lock gallon plastic bag, press out air and seal. Refrigerate overnight.

The following day place roast in an oven-proof Dutch oven and cover. Place in a 300 degree oven. (NO higher!) Roast for 2-3 hours.

Remove from oven and add onions & carrots. Cover and bake for one more hour.

Remove from Dutch oven and add some flour to the gravy that has formed. Place on burner and cook until thickened, stirring well.

When meat has cooled for at least 15 minutes, slice and add to gravy.

You will have the most delicious and tender roast you’ve ever eaten. Enjoy! :smiley:

I put a pork roast in pressure cooker a bay leave and 1 packet of Mrs. Grass Onion soup . Pressure 40-45 minutes or boil til tender.
Serve over cooked noodles or mashed potates.

Thanks Gotchagal,
I tried your recipe tonight and although I had my doubts with cooking at 300* I did just as the recipe called for and it was ssooooooo good!!!
It was the most tender I have ever had it and it stayed so juicy. Thank you so much for posting it. A++++++++++++++