Omlets ~ In ~ A ~ Bag

E-mail message
OMELETS IN A BAG

(Good for when all your family is together; then no one has to wait for their SPECIAL omelet – a blessing especally when impatient kids a concerned)

Have guests write their name on a quart-size freezer bag with a permanent marker.

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into each bag (NOT more than 2) then shake it gently to combine them. Â Â Â

Prepare (cut, chop, etc.) and put out a variety of ingredients such as: 2-3 cheeses, ham, browned hamburger, onions, green peppers, tomatoes, hash browns, salsa, etc. in relatively small tupperware-type containers*.

Each guest adds prepared ingredients of their choice to their bag and then shakes it gently. (add a very small amount of milk if you want a bit more “fluff” in the omlet)

Make a final check to ensure that you get the air out of the bag and zip it up. Â Â Â

Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes.(set a kitchen timer, if you have one) Â Â

You can usually cook 6-8 omelets at the same time in a large pot. Â Â

For more, make another pot of boiling water.

At the end of that time, remove the pot from the heat; CAREFULLY remove the bags from the pot, Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily.

*Not to woory about “leftover” ingredients…just pop the tops onto the containers, attach a “peel & stick” label with contents and date on it…then into the freezer it goes until “next time”

Serving suggestion: Have plenty of different varieties of toasted bread and butter available…along with 2 varieties of chilled fresh fruit juice.

Be prepared for everyone to be quite amazed and even somewhat amused when you first tell them what you’re going to do ! Â Â

Great Idea JGB! I am going to do this with my grandkids…I think they will really get a kick out of it!!! :smiley:

JoanieCooks