Opinion of Iran's President Speaking at Columbia University

I am not a big political person,but this whole Iran President speaking thing sounds like BIG!! TROUBLE!! to me. I am shocked that he was not shot down. I think our own President needs to do some BIG action and get ahold of Bull-{omitted}{omitted}{omitted}{omitted} like this.Who is going to put a stop to all of this!!

I do not agree that this man was even allowed on our land. He shouldn’t been able to set foot on the US Soil period. He has no rights here. His rights are in Iran! I would of love to been able to shake his hand with one hand and shoot him with the other. And us as tax payer will have to pay for all the security & over time of our police department this (what ever you want to call him) want a be smart got while he was here. We shouldn’t have to pay this. If he wanted to come here-he could of handle his own security by our laws-then shoot them all. Ooops! :slight_smile:

The U.S. arrests any terrorist found on its soil. Iran’s president is a major terrorist sponsor (if not one himself, i.e. the Iranian hostage crisis) and should be arrested if he sets one foot out of the Iranian embassy or the U.N. That would include Columbia University or the Hilton.

This is the only part of your post I take issue with. You and I have the blessed freedom to think and say whatever we want because of the great democracies we live in. A pleasure and a civil right that the unfortunate individuals who live in Iran, do not have.

I am only responding in the fairness of HISTORY. You may think what you will of President Bush; but please do not forget the great march for freedom world wide that President Kennedy upheld as a great American.

President Kennedy was NO DOVE. In May 1961, President Kennedy sent 500 more American advisers to Vietnam, bringing American forces to 1,400 men. By the end of 1962, the military had received what they wanted. The US had 11,300 officers operating in South Vietnam.

South Vietnam under the Diem regime had become a mess and a nightmare. Either Diem had to go it the war was to be won. Kennedy agreed for the CIA to assist in a South Vietnamese army coup against Diem. On November 2, 1963, Diem was assassinated.

Then there is that pesky piece of history, called the Bay of Pigs in 1961. And let us not forget October 1962, when JFK knew he had to take action and surrounded Cuba and made Khrushchev turned his ships back. Kennedy did that by taking serious military action.

I admired President Kennedy greatly. He saw the dangers in the world and was confronting them until he was assassinated.

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

January 20, 1961
President John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Inaugural Address

So all in all, the President of Iran was allowed to speak at Columbia. The world did not end. He continues blessedly to speak and reveal himself for the mad man he is.

Re: Opinion of Iran’s President Speaking at Columbia University
It is over with and I think it was good that every one saw what type of people are running that country. The youth of America need to have their EYES opened, because it is now their turn in middle. The things we enjoy in this country are rare in the rest of the world, so go and find a veteran and give him/her a hug.

Sorry, but most people missed the point of the invitation to speak at the University. He was invited to speak so that they could rip him a new ONE and show it to the world, which I think they did very well. No one in a free and open democracy will believe what comes out of his mouth, they didn’t even believe him in Iran he had to change his story.