Outback Steakhouse Toowoomba Pasta
A blend of baby portabella mushrooms, onions, parmesan cheese and shrimp that is combined with fettuccine pasta for a hearty and flavorful dish.
1⁄2 cup butter
1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (reduce to 1/4 tsp for light heat)
1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups quartered baby portabella mushrooms (Slice instead if they have the circumference of a golf ball or wider)
1 lb raw shrimp (tails off and de-veined, substitute 1/2 for crawfish if available)
1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (about 2-3)
16 ounces fettuccine pasta
shredded fresh parmesan cheese
• Cook fettuccine as directed.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Whisk in cream, ketchup and spices. Bring to a boil. Continue to simmer and reduce while you continue with the rest of the recipe, stirring occasionally with a wire whisk. (most of the cream will boil away, leaving you with a dark orange sauce).
- Sauté mushrooms in a separate small skillet over medium to low heat, in olive oil until soft. Add mushrooms to simmering sauce.
- Cook shrimp (and crawfish if available) in the small skillet in olive oil just until pink and add to sauce.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes adding green onions for the last 2 minutes or so.
- In a large bowl, toss shrimp mixture with cooked and drained fettuccine and serve immediately, topping with finely shredded fresh parmesan (or romano) cheese.