Panera Bread Chicken Spiedies
Freshly prepared chicken chunks marinated then grilled – served on a toasted bun and drizzled with additional marinade.
• 2 Demis Panera Bread Asiago Cheese, Three Cheese, or Three Seed Bread
• 1 3/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
• 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 4 bay leaves, finely crumbled or chopped
• 4 large garlic cloves, minced
• 1 1/2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Slice demis through the middle lengthwise to open them up like steak rolls. Cut each in half crosswise to make 4 pieces.
Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch cubes, set aside. Put lemon juice and vinegar in medium bowl. Whisk in oil in a slow steady stream. When fully incorporated, whisk in bay leaves, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Measure out 1/3 cup of this marinade and reserve in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Pour remaining marinade into 1-gallon freezer-weight ziplock bag. Add chicken, press out the air, seal, and refrigerate for 2 days. Chicken will appear white from the marinade; this is normal and helps to tenderize the meat.
Remove chicken and container of reserved marinade from cooler 20 minutes before serving. Heat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate and coat with oil. Grill chicken pieces directly on the grill until browned in spots and no longer pink in the center, 8 to 10 minutes, turning often and drizzling with the reserved marinade from the container during first 5 to 7 minutes. Avoid overcooking; chicken should be very moist and register about 160º on an instant-read thermometer.
Open and lightly toast bread pieces on the side of the grill, and then put the chicken on the bread. Drizzle on reserved marinade and serve warm.
Tip: To enrich your sandwich, spread on a little mayonnaise before adding the chicken.
Source: Panera Bread
Panera Bread Cream of Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
Long grain and wild rice, celery, onions, carrots and diced chicken simmered in chicken broth embellished with cream and select herbs.
• 1 cup white and dark meat chicken, diced
• 2 cans chicken stock
• 1 cup water
• 1/4 cup cream
• 1/2 tablespoon butter
• 1/2 tablespoon sugar
• 1 cup celery
• 1 cup cabbage
• 1/2 cup onions
• 1/2 cup carrots
• 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 teaspoon turmeric
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1/4 cup white and wild rice mix
• 1 tablespoon flour
• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• Slice onions, cabbage, carrots, and celery.
• Place approximately 3 tablespoons canola oil in the bottom of a stock pot.
• Saute onions, carrots, cabbage and celery for a few minutes.
• Add water, sugar, spices and broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
• Lower temperature to a simmer and cover pot. Cook for approximately 20 minutes.
• Cook white and wild rice mix in a separate pot according to package directions. Avoid over cooking.
• Drain rice mix, then add to the pot.
• Stir in cream and butter, then simmer for about 5 minutes.
• Serve soup hot with a side of a thick, crusty bread.