Papa John's Pizza

Crust:
8 cups all-purpose flour
6 Tablespoons sugar
6 3/4 teaspoons fast rising yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups very warm water (120 to 130 degrees F)
6 Tablespoons vegetable oil

Sauce:

3 (10.34 ounce) cans tomato puree
3/4 cups water
3 teaspoons sugar
3 teaspoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon oregano
3/8 teaspoon basil
3/8 teaspoon thyme
3/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt. Gradually add water and oil to mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened, then beat for 2 minutes at medium speed until dough pulls away from sides of the bowl. On a lightly floured surface, knead until dough is smooth and elastic. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rest in a warm place for 15 minutes. Press out dough onto 3 pizza pans. Poke the dough randomly with a fork. Let rise again in a warm place for 10-15 minutes. Brush crusts lightly with oil and bake them for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top as desired. Bake for 4-5 more minutes or until the crust is golden brown.

Makes 3 pizzas

I love to make homemade pizza. Papa John’s pizza is pretty good, I might have to see how close this recipe gets.

I used to manage a Papa John’s, so I am going to see how close the dough recipe is…
Sounds close…

I love all the teciepes you post!!

Can’t wait to try the Pappa John receive!!

Can’t wait to try the Pappa John pizza receipe!!

Please let us know…

I have tried some that were on target, and others that were not. I attempt to try one new recipe each week, and there is no way at least for me to try them all. It depends on how good the submitter is in figuring out the ingredients. I for one can pick out some but not all. Also the submitter must get the procedure correct as we all know one miss step and the end result is not what you expect.

Thanks, I like to share.

May have to try this one.