Papa john's spices wanted

A Couple of years ago Papa’ Johns would give a small container of spices that you could sprinkle over you pizza with thier pizza’s. This container was maybe 1/2 the size of the garlic saice and after you pulled the paper back it had a sprinkle lid. I loved the taste that the spices gave the pizza and they only had these for a short time. Does anyone know what they were ?

They may still give them with their thin crust pizza , i’m n ot sure. I normally get regular crust and may have been on a thin crust kick for a while

I found a recipe for the Garlic sauce, still looking for spice ;

Papa John’s Garlic Sauce

1/4 - 1/2 stick margarine
1/2 T Garlic powder
1/4 t salt

Melt butter in the microwave (about 30 seconds).
Put in salt and garlic powder (to taste).
Microwave for 5 seconds longer.

I found a recipe for the Garlic sauce, still looking for spice ;

Papa John’s Garlic Sauce

1/4 - 1/2 stick margarine
1/2 T Garlic powder
1/4 t salt

Melt butter in the microwave (about 30 seconds).
Put in salt and garlic powder (to taste).
Microwave for 5 seconds longer.

Hey, I just ordered a papa johns pizza and then found this site. lol. You have to request the special spices now and they come in a little paper packet like the red peppers and Parmesan cheese does.

They do cost though. $0.49 per packet but as far as I’m concerned, it’s worth every penny. I’m still looking for a recipe for it myself though.

I can taste primarily salt and there’s some dehydrated onion in it. Garlic for sure, oregano, basil and maybe even garlic salt. But I’m sure there’s more. I’m certain there’s wheat starch to make it a little more filling and tasteful.

Just my professional taste opinion :slight_smile:

I love these spices, too. I think there’s maybe a bit of paprika in the mix?

Why Papa John’s?

Hi guys, it’s been way too long since I’ve popped my head in to say hello to everyone. I’ve been around looking at all the comments and replies to everyone, but I’ve not joined until now ! This forum is very informative and I’m hoping to learn more.

I am hoping to start sharing ideas with everybody! And everyone is so nice (even though you dont even know me yet). It’s a lot of fun reading about where everyone is at. I look forward to getting to know everyone as we exchange messages on this forum.

I’m pretty happy to be here!