Peanut Soba Noodles

Now I know it’s the middle of August {wow can’t believe how fast summer has flown} and some of you out there are still flaunting your beach bod, but today I really just wanted to curl with a big ol’ plate of pasta. Instead of going the Italian route, I decided to head East for some peanut soba noodles. This dish is awesome. It is creamy, nutty, and incredibly satisfying. It can be served hot or cold and can easily be turned non-vegetarian with the addition of some shrimp or chicken. Enjoy people!

Ingredients
1 package soba noodles {I used Organic Planet brand}
1/3 cup peanut butter {or any nut butter you like really}
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 cup pasta water
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon grated ginger

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon water
1 large carrot
1-2 heads of broccoli
1 bell pepper
1/2 cup peanuts to garnish {I only had cashews so I used them instead}

Here’s How

1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and cook soba noodles according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water for peanut sauce and set aside.
  2. Chop carrot, broccoli, and pepper into roughly the same size pieces.
  3. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables and saute for 4-5 minutes. Add a splash of water to vegetables and cover for an additional 2 minutes or until vegetables are just slightly softened but still firm. Set vegetables aside.
  4. Combine peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and reserved pasta water in a large sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until peanut butter is melted and sauce is smooth.
  5. Add vegetables and noodles to the sauce pan and toss to coat.
  6. Top with chopped peanuts and serve.

Note: This recipe can be made with any vegetables you have on hand. Everything tastes good covered in peanut sauce but bean sprouts, snap peas, daikon, and water chestnuts would be great!