Pickles

I’m looking for Claussen pickles recipe. Anyone have one?:

Good luck. They are a tough one to duplicate because I think they use a double brining process, but here is a comment I found on the internet:

“first make a brine consisting of 1 litre water, 2 tbs kosher salt 2 tbs vinegar & 2 tbs sugar. i usually make about 7-8 litres as i make about 6 jars at a time. in the meantime take your sterilized jars and put 1 heaping tbs of pickling spices in each jar with 3-5 cloves of garlic or more and a good bunch of fresh dill. pack the jars with dill picles and pour your cool brine into the jar filling up to the top and making sure all the pickles are covered. close the jars and put them in the fridge. now you’ll have to wait at least 3-4 weeks before they are ready to eat, i usually wait close to 6-8 weeks. they take a long time to ferment because they are in the fridge, but you’ll have a clear brine and the pickles will stay hard and crunchy for at least 6 months. i,m just finishing off some that i made last september.”

Refrigerator pickles retain their crispness because they are not cooked (canned) like the others that sit on the shelf.

Isn’t that a rather out-dated procedure, turning jars upside down for sealing?

Yes I’m very familiar with ‘safe’ canning and preserving and the BBB, which is why I made that statement and there are many people reading these threads who don’t know better.

Yes! And I don’t really care what people do behind their own closed doors, but I desperately don’t want to see new recruits picking up their old habits and ways.