Pineapple Onion Smothered Chicken
2 tablespoons shortening
2 1/2-3 lbs chickens (cut into pieces)
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 (8 oz) can pineapple chunks, drained
2 1/4 cups water
2 tablespoons flour
- In a large skillet, melt shortening and brown chicken well.
- Add onion soup mix, pineapple, and 2 cups water.
- Simmer covered, 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to serving platter.
- Blend flour with remaining water; stir into liquid in the skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened; Pour over chicken.