3 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg

Sugar mixture:
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Method:
Inlarge bowl, sift flour mixture ingredients together. in seperate large bowl, combine the sugar mixture ingredients. mix well. Add flour mixture to sigar mixture, aternately with milk ( put in a little flour mixture then a little milk and keep repeating) If necessary, add additional flour in small increments with your fingers. you’ll know to add flour in the dough is sticky. (I roll the dough out on pastry board and add flour with my fingers if it feels gooey.)
Chill overnight in refrigerator. The key to sucess withthis recipe is to chill the dough that long. ( I also cill in a tupperware bowl container that has been sprayed with pure canola oil and lightly floured. Roll out dough ( i usually cut it into quarters) cut dough with doughnut cutter. Deep fry at 370 degrees
until brown turning just once. (may use a electric fry pan) Drain well. Sugar if desired. Makes about 60 doughnuts and 60 holes.

Variations

Chocolate doughnuts:
Add 6 tablespoons of cocoa to basic recipe

Molasses doughnuts:
Leave out nutmeg, reduce milk to 1 1/2 cupss. Add 3/4 cups molasses to basic recipe.

Squash or pumpkin doughnuts:
Add 1 can of 1 pie squash or pumpkin, reduce milk to 1 1/4 cups to basic recipe.