Potato Casserole

Potato Casserole

2 lbs. hash brown potatoes (frozen or fresh)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 small container sour cream
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese and 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
1/2 cup melted margarine or butter.
Topping: crunched up corn flakes.

Saute onion in butter, then mix with all other ingredients. Place in casserole baking dish. Top with corn flakes and bake 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Instead of the topping that you have on your recipe, I alway put one package of real bacon bits that you can buy in the store. Makes it much better!! Amy

Hi, I made this last nite and was a bit dissapointed. I used 1/2 of the sour cream, I can’t imagine using more cos it had a strong taste of it. I love sour cream too. And you don’t say if you cover it or not so I did for 1/2 of the time then took the lid off. I like the idea of bacon bits to add some flavor, I will try this again and add the bcon bits.

I use bread crumbs on the top of this recipe.

Maybe next time I will try bread crumbs and bacon bits.

Sorry you was disappointed with it, i cook it uncovered also i use about 6 oz of sour cream you can also use cream of celery soup too, along with a cup of frozen vegetables too. I will have to try the bacon bits that sounds great.

1 pkg. fozen hashbrown potatoes
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 stick melter butter
1 8 0z carton of sourcream
1 8 oz package of mild cheddar cheese
1 cut up medium onion (dice small)
1 pkg. fresh bacon bits (found by salad dressing in grocery store - not bacos!!)

350 degrees for one hour
mix all together and put in 13 x 9 pan. Once in pan top with bacon bits. and then let back for one hour uncovered!

I don’t know about the other recipes - but everyone begs me to bring this dish to pass!! and it is soooo simple to make!