Potato in a sack

We all use cellophane bags in kitchen - they are very practical for baking in oven because our stove will stay clean. Here’s a very simple and tasteful recipe for preparing potatoes in that kind of bag.

Ingredients :
2 pounds of potatoes
1 big onion
2 bigger carrots
2 tea spoons of salt
1/2 spoons of peppers, cayenne (or any other preferred spice)
2 table spoons of sunflower oil
1 table spoon of olive oil

Clean potatoes, carrots and onion and chop them in one, bigger bowl (leave the onion in whole - it will come when you mix in all the spices). Add salt, pepper, cayenne (and other spices - what ever you like - it may vary with basil, oregano, "vegeta" (mixture of dried root vegetable which is one of Croatian brands…I believe there’s something similar around the world in different kitchens)
and sunflower oil and mix it (the best way is to use your hands) so that all the ingredients merge, put them in prepared “sack”, add chopped onion and olive oil. Shake it a little and close the bag with attached lace. Heat oven on 180 to 200 Celsius degrees and leave your potatoes to roast for 50 minutes (if you’d use bigger amounts of potatoes then this time would prolong for a bit). I hope you’ll find it very tasty and easy to prepare :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi, Doesn’t the bag melt?

Hi, Doesn’t the bag melt in oven?

I would think that it is the Reynold’s cooking bags that you would use to roast turkeys, chicken, etc. They are made for oven temperatures, and do not melt.