This is an exellently flavorful soup.
Pozole (Hominy Soup)
By Sara Moulton
1 Â½ Head Garlic
4 lbs. 2 lbs. Pork Ribs with bone attached (country style works well)
12 oz. 6 oz. Water
4 C. 2 C. Chicken Broth
1 tsp. Â½ tsp. Dried Oregano
(2 oz.) (1oz.) New Mexico Chili Pods â€“ Soaked in hot water 30 min. Stems & seeds removed.
Â¼ 1/8 White Onion
2 1 Clove Garlic
2 tsp. 1 tsp. Salt
2-30 oz. 1-30 oz. Can White Hominy
- Cook pork in pot with the head of garlic.(Leave whole) When done, remove & throw away the bones and add the meat back to the stock.
- Soak Chili pods in enough hot water to just cover, for 30 min.
- Remove chiliâ€™s from water and reserve liquid. Remove stems and seeds from chiliâ€™s
- In blender add Onion, chiliâ€™s, garlic (1-2) and salt. Blend well.
- Add the hominy and salt to the stock.
- Add the chili blend to the stock.
Cook for 30 min.