Proper cookies

:?: Please can anyone help me - I have been baking cookies now for months on end trying to find a really good proper cookie recipe. All the ones I have found have not been of any success. They end up like cakes, or a melted mass of bubbling butter on a baking tray. I’m a good cook - and so I know I’m reading the recipe correctly and doing everything right. So it must be the recipes I am using. I am based in England, however I have no problem converting measurements - so any recipes will help. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. I am after a proper American cookie as I would call it, crunchy on the outside, chewy in the middle and big. Like the ones you get in Starbucks cafe or in Tesco’s if anyone knows what I am on about please help me. Many thanks

Hi maxmax, I am looking up a recipe for you, and will get back to you. But in the mean time , if I might make a suggestion… Put your request on the recipe exchange area of this site and you might get a higher response as you are now in the recipe review section.

Just a thought from JoanieCooks

Hi maxmax, It’s JoanieCooks again. Starbucks has such an assortment I am not sure what you favor, so I’ll start with peanut butter cookies. Another thought I had is for you to get an oven temperature guage to make sure your oven is calibrated correctly and last but not least, if you really want to turn out awesome baked goods, invest in a counter top convection oven. It is what the pros use to get perfection every time

200g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
100g sugar
100g firmly packed brown sugar
4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
4 tbsp butter, melted
1 egg, beaten

Preheat oven to 160C or gas 3
Sift the flour and baking soda into a large bowl
Add the sugars and combine
Stir in the peanut butter, butter and egg, and mix well
Form into balls(the larger the ball, the bigger the cookie) and place on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork
Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown
Cool on a wire rack and store in an airtight container
Small balls will yield about 30 cookies
Use of crunchy p.b. will render a coarser texture

Enjoy and let me know of your success!

Hi there Joniecooks - many thanks for your advice. I have posted my query in the recipe exchange as you suggested !! Thank you.