Publix Muffin Recipes?

:confused: I lived in Florida but I have moved to Wyoming and I miss the breakfast muffins I use to get at Publix Supermarkets. My favorites were their carrot, zucchinie nut muffins. I tried to go to them but they were nasty to me because they still make them…Duh :roll: They told me to go to the store and pick some up…Oh o…k… let me jump in the minivan and drive 3000miles for a muffin:mad: :x So I was wondering if any one had it and if you would please shear it. I can only get the veggies here for another month or so before the snow starts and our veggie selection goes into the potty.
HELP PLEASE GatorGoneCowboy

GatorGoneCowboy -

Most likely they are making their muffins and other bake goods from mixes. For instance, up here we have a place called Federal Bakers that distributes various mixes to the supermarkets for their “home-baked” goodies.

Fifty-pound sacks of dry mix have replaced the old-fashioned method of measuring individual ingredients. Even added fruits and veggies come in vacuum sealed bags and are frozen or dried. Their eggs come in cartons and they pour out the amount needed. Their various fillings for cakes, cookies, pastries, etc., used to come in institutional size cans - now it’s 5 gallon pails. Even icings and frostings now come in 5 gallon pails.

I posted A Carrot Cake Muffin recipe and a Zucchini Nut Muffin recipe under “muffins” in the DESSERT forum - if you are interested in making your own.

Kitchen Witch