PULLED PORK anyone???

My fiance and I love pulled pork. We get it many places but i would love to make it at home…

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Found this recipe on line - Absolutely great! And really easy too!

North Carolina Pulled Pork - Crock Pot

INGREDIENTS:
· 1/2 cup cider vinegar
· 1/4 cup chopped onion
· 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
· 1 teaspoon Tabasco or similar hot pepper sauce
· 3 to 4 pounds pork shoulder roast, boneless, trimmed, tied
· few dashes liquid smoke, if desired
· 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1 teaspoon ground paprika
· 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
· 2 tablespoons ketchup
· 8 hamburger buns heated
PREPARATION:
In a large non-metallic bowl, combine cider vinegar, chopped onion, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper sauce. Add the pork roast, cover, and marinate in refrigerator for at 6 to 10 hours. Turn occasionally to keep roast coated with marinade.
Remove the pork from the marinade, scraping the onion back into the marinade. Lightly pat the roast dry with paper towels. Pour the marinade into a slow cooker and add the Liquid Smoke. Place a slow cooker meat rack or ring of foil in the slow cooker.
Combine the sugar, salt, paprika, and pepper in a cup. Rub the pork roast with the seasoning mixture and place on the rack in crockpot.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or until very tender. Transfer the pork to a cutting board; cover with foil to keep warm.
Skim the fat from the surface of the cooking liquid. Stir in the ketchup; pour into a bowl. Using 2 forks, pull the pork apart into shreds, or chop the pork into small pieces. Serve the pork on warm split buns with coleslaw, beans, or your choice of side dishes. Serve the sauce separately.
Makes 8 to 10 sandwiches.

I do similar recipe to last post, but after cooking pork butt, remove from bone in chunks and allow to cool. Put over charcoal fire in grill and smoke for approx. 30 min or so, turning chunks every 10-15 min. A little more trouble, but well worth it. Can be frozen and reheated in microwave. This is NC barbeque!

Here is an easy & delicious pulled pork recipe:

Ingrediants
Picnic Pork Roast
6 Cups Water
1 can chicken stock
3 tablespoons of your favorite cooking seasons ( I prefer Lawry’s Season Salt)
1 tablespoon minced garlic

Add all ingrediants into a crock pot & cook for 8 hours. The key to the recipes is to cook pork long & slow. When done the pork will just pull apart. It is so tendered & so delicious. Once done shred and add your favorite sauce. Enjoy!

This recipe is from the secret gourmet. He ads a secret ingredient to his recipes. I have made this several times especially when I cook for our hunting camp.

1 4-6lb Pork or beef roast
1 bottle basic BBQ sauce
1 small jar applesauce
1 Tbl smooth peanut butter (secret ingredient)
2 Tbls grape jelly (secret ingredient)
2 cups Jack Daniels (optional) (I don’t add this)

Place roast in a crock pot. In a bowl add the BBQ sauce, applesauce peanut butter and grape jelly. Mix together and pour over the roast. Cover and let cook for at least 8 hours. It will fall apart when done.

I serve this on soft rolls with a vegetable and cheesy potato casserole.