Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Choose Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars instead of Boxed Brownie Mix (which is high sugar).
Step 1 (Crust)
3 Tbsp. butter – at room temperature
1 c. almond meal
½ c. coconut flour
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
16 oz. cream cheese – at room temperature
15 oz. pumpkin purée
¼ c. pure maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground cloves
¼ tsp. nutmeg
½ tsp. ground ginger
½ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325º. Lightly grease a 9”x9” pan.
- Using a fork or pastry blender, mix butter and maple syrup into the flours until it forms small balls and pieces. Mixture will be very crumbly.
- Pat mixture into the bottom of pan. Bake for 7-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Whip cream cheese (from step 2) on medium speed for one minute. Add pumpkin purée, maple syrup, vanilla and spices, continue to beat for 30 seconds.
- Add eggs (from step 3) one at a time until just incorporated into batter. Pour over prepared pie crust.
- Create a water bath by placing ½-1” of water in a roasting pan or pan large enough to hold the 9”x9” pan. Make sure the water level is below the top edge of the pan.
- Place cheesecake into the water bath and bake 60 minutes, until the cheesecake has set, but still jiggles.
- Turn off the oven and crack the oven door open. Allow cheesecake to rest in the oven 15-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and run a knife around the edge of the pan. Allow to cool completely before slicing.