quick panini for lunch

Having to wrap Christmas gifts and not much time - panini is fast and easy!

Thick sliced Italian bread
Grilled soppressata
Philly minute steaks
Sliced mozzarella cheese
Banana pepper slices
Tomato slices
Sliced red onion

Grill soppressata in George Forman Grill while frying minute steaks (no need for any oil). Layer on Italian bread slices with tomato slices and banana pepper slices, onion rings, fresh ground black pepper. Top with second slice of Italian bread - grill in George Forman grill until toasted. Served with a simple green salad and hot tea!!

What is Soppressata?

soppressata is another imported salami from Italy - usually shaped in a long narrow slice as compared to the usual round slices - it comes in mild and hot varieties

great for sandwiches or in salads or used in finger foods/appetizers - has a wonderful taste

not all supermarkets carry it - but Italian specialty shops do have it

i can make a lunch out of a few slices of soppressata, a chunk of cheese (asiago, sharp provolone, fontella or fontina) and a handful of large green olives - I call it my “mediterranean lunch” (most Italians and Greeks eat cheese and olives for lunch)

I hope you get to try it and let me know how you liked it!

Kitchen Witch

Thanks for the info! I’ll look for it in our local Safeway, they have a pretty good deli dept with specialty items, so does our local Raley’s.
It sounds really good, so does your mediterranean lunch. I love stuffed green olives with Diet Coke when I’m craving something salty!