Raspberry Coulis

Raspberry Coulis

Ingredients:

2 pints fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Combine the berries, sugar and lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Process until it is smooth. Pass through a wire fine mesh strainer to remove seeds.

Cover and refrigerate until ready for use.

B-man :smiley:

Not to sound too dumb here, but what do you do with this?

By definition coulis is a thick puree or sauce, often made with fresh or cooked fruits and vegetables, such as tomatoes or bell peppers.

Looking at the recipe would you not agree that it appears to be somewhat of a topping/sauce? You may stumble across a recipe that calls for COULIS as a suggested topping ingredient. Serve it on top of waffles, pancakes, cake, pie. ice cream or whatever your heart desires…toast in the morning??? There you have it my friend…hope this helps

B-man :smiley:

Would this sauce go with grilled chicken breast?

I had this dish at a 5 star French restaurant in Ottawa over 15 years ago and never forgot it LOL. It was a grilled chicken breast with raspberry sauce (this was the gravy) served with little roast potatoes and sugar snap peas. I wasn’t too sure about the raspberry sauce with the chicken when I ordered it, but WOW… was it ever delicious.

I’m also wondering how you would season the chicken breast so that it compliments the sauce???